NYC Apartment Owners and Managers: Stay Compliant and Profitable in 2014!
Your Book Purchase Includes:
- A calendar of important dates
- A telephone directory of relevant city and state agencies
- Access to crucial compliance forms
2014 New York City Apartment Management Checklist is the definitive source of information on the myriad of complex laws that govern the management of New York City apartment buildings. In this updated edition for 2014, readers will find clear and comprehensive explanations of all the pertinent rules, regulations, and requirements that owners and managers need to know to stay compliant…and profitable.
Including important discussions of recent laws and forms, the 2014 NYC Apartment Management Checklist gives you access to the forms contained in this edition—as well as bonus forms—all in one place through the convenient online companion site.
The 2014 Edition has been updated to include new information on:
- Emergency rules enacted after Hurricane Sandy that require elevation for new, substantially damaged, or substantially improved buildings that are located in areas of special flood hazard.
- The new mold remediation program to expand treatment assistance in Hurricane Sandy-affected neighborhoods.
- Steep penalties for violating Local Law 45 of 2012, which makes it illegal for owners or tenants to rent residential apartments for short-term hotel-style stays.
- New signage requirements for sidewalk sheds and construction fences.
- The new filing deadline for multiple dwelling building registration with HPD.
- Amendments to the building code provisions covering sidewalk canopies and a 2012 local law pertaining to sun control devices.
- The water and energy benchmarking requirements of Local Law 84 of 2009 that went into effect in 2013.
- DOS’s new electronics recycling program and its pilot “organics” collection program.
- Expected DEC revisions to the regulations for bulk storage of fuel oil.
- Updates to available fuel conversion programs.
Table of Contents
Table of Forms
2014 Building Management Calendar
- Chapter 1: Air-Conditioning Systems—Federal Law
- Chapter 2: Air Contamination Disclosure
- Chapter 3: Asbestos Inspection, Handling & Removal
- Chapter 4: Backflow Prevention Devices
- Chapter 5: Boiler/Burner Certification
- Chapter 6: Boiler Inspections & Access
- Chapter 7: Building Registration
- Chapter 8: Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Chapter 9: Elevators
- Chapter 10: Exterior Building Wall Inspection
- Chapter 11: Extermination of Insects & Pests
- Chapter 12: Fire Safety Plans & Notices
- Chapter 13: Flameproofing of Materials in Common Areas
- Chapter 14: Garbage Removal
- Chapter 15: Graffiti
- Chapter 16: Heat & Hot Water
- Chapter 17: Keys, Locks & Protective Devices
- Chapter 18: Lead Paint Disclosure
- Chapter 19: Lead-Based Paint—Renovation, Repair & Painting
- Chapter 20: Lead-Based Paint Notice & Inspection Requirements
- Chapter 21: Lead-Based Paint Hazards—Corrections of
- Chapter 22: Lead-Based Paint—Work that Will Disturb
- Chapter 23: Licensed Electricians & Plumbers
- Chapter 24: Lighting: Exterior & Interior
- Chapter 25: Managing Agents
- Chapter 26: Mold
- Chapter 27: No Smoking Law
- Chapter 28: Noise Abatement
- Chapter 29: Oil Tank Registration, Testing & Spills
- Chapter 30: Painting: Exterior & Interior
- Chapter 31: Recycling
- Chapter 32: Satellite Dishes & Antennas
- Chapter 33: Sidewalk Canopies & Sun Control Devices
- Chapter 34: Sidewalk Repair, Cleaning & Snow Removal
- Chapter 35: Sidewalk Sheds, Scaffolding & Netting
- Chapter 36: Sign Posting
- Chapter 37: Smoke Detectors
- Chapter 38: Sprinkler System & Standpipe—Installation, Inspection & Painting
- Chapter 39: Superintendents & Janitorial Services
- Chapter 40: Tax Assessments
- Chapter 41: Waste Compactors & Sprinkler Systems
- Chapter 42: Water & Sewer Bills
- Chapter 43: Water Conservation
- Chapter 44: Window Guards
- Chapter 45: Miscellaneous Duties
Appendix A: 2014 Building Manager’s Telephone Directory
Appendix B: DHCR Directory
Appendix C: Approved Elevator Inspectors
Appendix D: Window Guard Manufacturers
Table of Contents: Online Forms & Tools
Prefer to order by phone? Call 1-800-519-3692. Also, call to ask about our multiple copy purchase discounts!
Want to See More?
Get a free download on Boiler/Burner Certification, pulled directly from the 2014 Edition:
Your Download Includes:
- Who is Affected
- What the Law Requires
- How to Comply
- Deadlines and Penalties
- and much more!