How NYC Apartment Owners and Managers Stay Compliant and Profitable
Your Book Includes:
- A calendar of important dates
- A telephone directory of relevant city and state agencies
- Access to crucial compliance forms
- A brand new chapter on Building Resiliency Maximization
Now Available for Pre-Order: Ships Immediately Upon Publication
2015 New York City Apartment Management Checklist is the definitive source of information on the myriad of complex laws that govern the management of New York City apartment buildings. In this completely updated edition for 2015, readers will find clear and comprehensive explanations of all the pertinent rules, regulations, and requirements that owners and managers need to know to stay compliant…and profitable.
Including important discussions of recent laws and forms, the 2015 NYC Apartment Management Checklist gives you access to the forms contained in this edition—as well as bonus forms—all in one place through the convenient online companion site.
The 2015 Edition has been updated to include:
- A new chapter, “Building Resiliency Maximization,” which summarizes new measures under Local Laws 79 through 83 of 2013 to maximize building resiliency and preparedness in the event of severe weather, including backflow prevention in storm-prone areas and emergency sanitation measures in residential buildings.
- Revised text of selected NYC Construction Code provisions that reflect the 2014 Building, Plumbing and Mechanical Codes, which take effect on Dec. 31, 2014, including:
- Extensive Building Code amendments on safety and signage requirements, including a revised DOB Plan/Work application form and a sample daily inspection checklist form.
- Revised text to reflect the 2014 Fire Code, which took effect on March 30, 2014, including:
- New requirements for elevator and elevator bank identification and signage through a combined letter-number system.
- The comprehensive amendment of the Fire Code’s emergency preparedness and planning provisions.
- DEP’s updated performance standards for boilers and water heaters, including updated inspection report forms.
- Amended rules on organic matter composting and new regulations on recycling refrigerants.
- The new law clarifying that owners must replace smoke detectors after the expiration of their useful life, and including an updated Certificate of Installation form.
- The new requirement to provide a notice in all leases of whether there is a sprinkler system at the leased premises.
- Amended provisions to building income and expense reporting requirements.
- The city’s new Toilet Replacement Program, which provides vouchers toward the cost of installing high-efficiency toilets.
- Amended DEP regulations, including rules on water metering devices.
Table of Contents
Table of Forms
2015 Building Management Calendar
- Air-Conditioning Systems—Federal Law
- Air Contamination Disclosure
- Asbestos Inspection, Handling & Removal
- Backflow Prevention Devices
- Boiler/Burner Certification
- Boiler Inspections & Access
- Building Registration
- Building Resiliency Maximization
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Exterior Building Wall Inspection
- Extermination of Insects & Pests
- Fire Safety Plans & Notices
- Flameproofing of Materials in Common Areas
- Garbage Removal
- Heat & Hot Water
- Keys, Locks & Protective Devices
- Lead Paint Disclosure
- Lead-Based Paint—Renovation, Repair & Painting
- Lead-Based Paint Notice & Inspection Requirements
- Lead-Based Paint Hazards—Corrections of
- Lead-Based Paint—Work that Will Disturb
- Licensed Electricians & Plumbers
- Lighting: Exterior & Interior
- Managing Agents
- No Smoking Law
- Noise Abatement
- Oil Tank Registration, Testing & Spills
- Painting: Exterior & Interior
- Satellite Dishes & Antennas
- Sidewalk Canopies & Sun Control Devices
- Sidewalk Repair, Cleaning & Snow Removal
- Sidewalk Sheds, Scaffolding & Netting
- Sign Posting
- Smoke Detectors
- Sprinkler System & Standpipe—Installation, Inspection & Painting
- Superintendents & Janitorial Services
- Tax Assessments
- Waste Compactors & Sprinkler Systems
- Water & Sewer Bills
- Water Conservation
- Window Guards
- Miscellaneous Duties
Appendix A: 2015 Building Manager’s Telephone Directory
Appendix B: DHCR Directory
Table of Contents: Online Forms & Tools
Prefer to order by phone? Call 1-800-519-3692. Also, call to ask about our multiple copy purchase discounts!