Best Commercial Lease Clauses, Eleventh Edition
Draft Leases that Minimize Landlord-Tenant Disputes!
September 2018 | 600+ pages | Softcover | List Price: $272
No-Obligation Automatic Renewal: Opt Out at Any Time
BONUS: Your purchase includes access to 125 Online Model Tools, including model lease clauses, agreements, and notices—saving you hours of time and effort.
CLICK HERE to View the Complete Table of Contents
“This volume represents one of the very best source books and wellsprings of vital information for professionals seriously engaged in commercial leasing.” -- Marc L. Ripp, Esq.
Best Commercial Lease Clauses helps you structure safe and effective leases for a range of commercial tenants.
This 11th Edition contains valuable information from some of the foremost commercial lease experts in the U.S. It gives you a wealth of authoritative guidance—including concrete suggestions on how to plug dangerous loopholes, stay within the legal boundaries, and prevent trouble before it begins. It covers every important area of leasing today—from abandonment and audits to use and work letters.
Highlights of the NEW 11th Edition:
- 15 points to negotiate before giving a tenant pre-lease access to the space.
- 5 loopholes to plug in a typical damage and destruction clause.
- 3 protections to add to a lease with a tenant that consumes large amounts of electricity.
- 11 safeguards to put in an insurance clause with a tenant that uses hazardous materials.
You’ll Learn How to:
- Draft an owner-friendly lien subordination agreement.
- Negotiate a favorable contraction option.
- Control the use and operation of the food court area.
- Draft airtight rent abatement provisions.
- Pass property insurance deductibles through to the tenant.
- Draft a mutually beneficial termination option.
Specifics of What’s New in This Edition:
- Chapter 2, “Access to Premises,” covers 15 points to negotiate before giving a tenant pre-lease access to the space.
- Chapter 3, “ADA & Liability,” shows you places throughout the lease where you should address ADA requirements.
- Chapter 14, “Damage & Destruction,” shows you how to plug five loopholes in a typical damage and destruction clause.
- Chapter 16, “Description of Premises,” explains how to get the flexibility to change your shopping center site plan at a later date.
- Chapter 17, “Dispute Resolution,” discusses the appropriate uses of mediation as a way to resolve lease disputes.
- Chapter 18, “Electricity,” gives you three protections to add to a lease with a tenant that consumes large amounts of electricity.
- Chapter 22, “Expansion & Contraction Options,” shows you how to draft an airtight contraction option.
- Chapter 26, “Insurance,” explains how to pass property insurance deductibles through to the tenant, and gives you 11 safeguards to put in an insurance clause with a tenant that uses hazardous materials.
- Chapter 30, “Liens,” shows you how to draft an owner-friendly lien subordination agreement, and gives you a contractual lien provision to use when leasing to uncertain tenants.
- Chapter 34, “Parking,” shows you how to compensate a tenant fairly for temporarily limiting its parking spaces.
- Chapter 35, “Percentage Rent,” explains how to protect your interests when agreeing to confidentiality.
- Chapter 42, “Renovation,” explains how to ensure you have enough time to complete renovations without the threat of a lawsuit by the tenant.
- Chapter 45, “Rent Reduction/Deferral,” shows you how to draft airtight rent abatement provisions.
- Chapter 46, “Safety & Security,” discusses how to limit a tenant’s right to install its own security measures.
- Chapter 49, “Signage,” shows you how to negotiate limits to tenant’s visibility protection.
- Chapter 51, “Specialty Leasing Issues,” explains how to control the use and operation of the food court area.
- Chapter 54, “Termination,” shows you how to draft a mutually beneficial termination option, and explains how to require the tenant to reimburse you for unamortized improvements.
Satisfaction Guarantee: You will always have a full 30 days from receipt in which to review this book. If you don’t want the book, simply return it in resalable condition within 30 days of receipt and write “cancel” on the invoice. If you paid by credit or debit card, you will receive a full refund of the purchase price (excluding return shipping & handling).
Don’t Forget Your BONUS Online Model Tools:
With your purchase, you receive free access to more than 125 Online Model Tools, including model lease clauses, agreements, and notices found in Best Commercial Lease Clauses—guaranteed to save you hours of time and effort.
SPECIAL NOTE: Discounts are available on multi-copy orders of Best Commercial Lease Clauses. For more information, please call Customer Service at 1-800-519-3692.
FREE CHAPTER--Dispute Resolution: Use Mediation Instead of Jumping to Arbitration or Court Over Dispute
(from Best Commercial Lease Clauses)
When you think about settling a dispute with a tenant without going to court, arbitration as an alternate dispute resolution method might immediately come to mind. Mediation is typically faster and more economical and efficient than either fighting in court or using the more traditional out-of-court strategy of arbitration. Plus, mediation fosters, rather than destroys, the landlord-tenant relationship by letting you and the tenant work together to create a mutually satisfactory solution.
Download this free chapter to see how you can use mediation for a fast and economical way to settle disputes.
People Who Purchased Best Commercial Lease Clauses Also Bought:
Commercial Lease Law Insider
Commercial Lease Law Insider provides the latest strategies for drafting and negotiating smart, owner-friendly leases using recent court rulings and real-world, expert experiences.