On-Demand Webinar: How to Deal with a TPU Audit or Investigation
1-Hour Recorded Webinar: How to Deal with a TPU Audit or Investigation
- Originally Recorded: June 8, 2017
- Speaker: Eileen O'Toole, Partner, Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C.
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly...Includes Complete Transcript!
Please view this short excerpt taken from the webinar as a sample.
The TPU Is Stepping Up Its Scrutiny…Are YOU Prepared?
Despite controversy and court challenges, the Tenant Protection Unit (TPU) is stepping up its scrutiny of NYC landlords. Not only does the TPU continue to audit landlords who have raised rents based on Individual Apartment Improvements, but the TPU is conducting independent investigations wherever it suspects fraudulent deregulation or tenant harassment.
During this one-hour webinar, speaker Eileen O'Toole discusses:
· How to respond to a TPU notice - and the consequences of not responding properly
· The types of penalties the TPU can order
· How to contest a TPU order
· Recent cases challenging the TPU
This presentation is geared to:
· Owners of multifamily rental properties
· Managers of multifamily rental properties
· Leasing agents
· Attorneys and other rental property advisors
About the Speaker:
Eileen O’Toole, Esq. is a partner with the New York City law firm of Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C., whose law practice concentrates on landlord-tenant matters. A frequent writer and lecturer on rent regulation and other real estate topics, she is also the Contributing Editor of New York Landlord v. Tenant and the annual Apartment Management Checklist.